This DisplayPort to DVI made easy!
Introducing a new universal standard to simplify video connections between various devices has the initial impact of just adding another type of cable into the mix. DisplayPort is a relative newcomer, with designs to replace VGA and DVI sockets with a single link. The reality is that you often need to get miss-matched equipment to work in harmony, and that's where a 1.8m Display Port to DVI cable comes in.
It's a DP version 1.1 lead with wide compatibility for display resolutions up to and over 1080p depending on your source and display devices. You also get DPCP compatibility for working with protected content media, and the famous Cable Chick warranty.
Please note this is a passive cable, and may not work with all equipment. While all DisplayPort cables are digital/analogue compatible with VGA, DVI and HDMI, your source device must be capable of sending out the compatible signal for your display. Check for the D++ symbol to ensure compatibility.
The DisplayPort connector supports 1, 2, or 4 data pairs in a Main Link that also carries clock and optional audio signals, each with a symbol rate of 1.62 Gbps or 2.7 Gbps. The video signal path supports from 6 to 16 bits per colour channel. A bi-directional auxiliary channel (at a constant 1 Mbps) carries management and device control data for the Main Link. Display Port 1.1 currently supports a maximum of 8.64 Gbps over a distance of 2 meters.
- 5 year Cable Chick Warranty
- 30 Day satisfaction Guarantee
- 1.8m Male DisplayPort Connector (version 1.1a) to Male DVI-D connector
- Perfect for converting a Display Port Device for use with a DVI Screen
- Nickle Silver Plated Connectors for optimal signal transfer
- Supports DVI signals such as 576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p plus many others.
- 10.8 Gbps Data tranfer rate
- Support for DPCP (Display Port Content Protection)
- Display Port device with the ability to convert HDMI, DVI or VGA is required
- Colour: Black with Silver Connectors