Warranty & Returns Policy
- All warranty claims must be accompanied by the original invoice or request store staff to assist your enquiry.
- Products returned to us under warranty that are tested and found to be without fault may be charged a labour fee of $50 at the discretion of the company.
Consumer rights & guarantees information can be found on the ACCC website
If your require additional assistance with your warranty claim / return please feel free to contact us via email@example.com
- All systems built by Austin Computers come with 12 Months labour and 12 Months parts 'Return to Base' only warranty, and is not applicable for Onsite Service. Labour warranty will be void if there is any sign of the warranty seal been tampered with and does not apply to customer-assembled systems.
- Both labour and part warranty will automatically void if the system has been overclocked.
- Austin Computers offers a period of 12 months return to base warranty for all parts purchased.
- Software requiring a product key or an activation key cannot be refunded or exchanged once it has been opened or registered.
- Any Physical damage will automatically void all warranty
Phone Support Warranty
- Austin Computers offers limited lifetime phone support to the system(s) or part(s) purchased. Some issues are difficult to troubleshoot over the phone, such as hardware/software installation or network setup. For this situation, we advise customers to either bring their systems into our Service Department or organise for an Onsite Service.
- Warranty service does not include virus removal, support of third party software, or support of any hardware not purchased from us.
- Austin Computers will not be held responsible for any loss or damage to property, loss of income or earnings by, or complications or costs arising from a failure of any of our products.
- Any product that has not been installed in accordance with the installation instructions supplied by the equipment manufacturer will not be covered by warranty.
- Any product that is repaired or altered by anyone other than an authorised Austin Computers service centre, or where products are disassembled or repaired in such a manner that operation is affected - will not be covered by warranty.
- Any product that fails or is damaged as a result of improper storage or connection, operation under abnormal conditions, misuse, neglect, abuse, accident, power surge, act of God or maladjustment of consumer controls. Short-circuiting the equipment will be considered misuse and will cause the product not to be covered by the warranty.
- Freight and handling costs are to be covered solely by the purchaser with the exception of DOA (Dead on Arrival) products. Please refer to our terms and conditions for more information.
- Any defect or damage caused by or resulting from improper installation or defective functioning of software or virus infection will not be covered by warranty.
- Defects or damage due to spills of liquid or other substances (i.e. dust, cigarette/s), excessive temperature or humidity and environmental conditions will not be covered by warranty.
- Aesthetic or surface damage or scratches to all plastic surfaces and other external parts damaged due to normal customer use will not be covered by warranty.
- Any cost of hardware or software removal or reinstallation will not be covered by warranty.
- Any product or parts which have suffered through alteration or defacement of the serial number or warranty seals, such as where any unauthorised service personnel has opened the product will automatically void all warranty.
- NO CHARGE applied for any EXCHANGE or REFUNDS for items returned within 7 days of purchase under the condition that the product(s) returned are in new, sealed condition and can be re-sell as brand new product.
- MINIMUM 20% RESTOCKING FEE applies to the following conditions:
- Proof of purchase must be provided
- All returns must be within 90 days of purchase
- All returns are subject to inspection for damage
- All returns must be in re-sellable condition
- Returns can be rejected if deemed “unsellable”