ADSL 2+ Splitter / Filter for AU (AS/ACIF S041:2005 Compliant)
ADSL filter/splitter has been specifically designed to implement the functionality of a low pass filter in POTS over ADSL application.
The ADSL filter/splitterhas been specifically designed to implement the functionality of a low pass filter in POTS over ADSL application. Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line (ADSL) technology is a dedicated, point to point public network access technology that allow multiple forms of data, voice and video to be carried over twisted-pair copper wire on the local loop between a network service provider's (NSP'S) telephone exchange and the customer site or on local loops created either intra-building or intra-campus. ADSL delivers this high-speed performance over existing copper telephone line while simultaneously allowing a traditional analog service to coexist without interruption via a series of low-pass filters. The low-pass filter on the customer's premises is mounted inside a stand-alone ABS housing. TheADSLfilter/splitterintegrates a low pass filter which blocks the ADSL high frequency signals from
1. Unplug the device's cord from the wall socket.
2. If you have a modular RJ11/RJ45 telephone wall socket, use the short modular line cord supplied with the ADSL filter/splitter to connect the LINE socket on the filter/splitter to the RJ11/RJ45 telephone socket on the wall. If you have the older "610 Telstra Socket" on the wall, a 606M adaptor will be required to convert the Telstra socket to an RJ11 socket.
3. Plug the phone cord (or other device cord) into the PHONE socket on the ADSL filter/splitter.
4. Plug the LINE cord from the ADSL Modem/Router into the MODEM socket on the filter/splitter.
5. To connect the ADSL Modem/Router to your PC or network, refer to instructions supplied with the ADSL Modem/Router or seek advice from your ADSL service provider.
- Free Pick Up From 5 Convenient Locations
- Fast Delivery Australia-wide
- Price Match Available*
- 7 Day Return Policy*
- Business since 1996
*Subject to our terms and conditions